Monday, November 17, 2008

We Avoided Disaster, Barely!

I finally pulled a friend party together for Xavier last Thursday. All he talked about was going to Pump it Up. So, I gathered 3 of his friends and arranged to meet them at Pump it Up for "drop in playtime" from 10-11:30. Then, we would go back to the house for lunch, cake, etc. Perfect, right? We arrived promptly at 10 only to discover that they do NOT have drop in playtime on Thursdays. They were expecting a field trip from one of the local schools that would fill the building. WHAT!? I PROMISED my son he could go to Pump it Up for his birthday. I feel like such a schmuck. I pulled the flyer off the desk and showed the lady...It says Wed-Fri for drop in playtime, NOT Wed, Fri or Wed and Fri. Doesn't Wed "DASH" Fri mean Wednesday through Friday? She apologized for the misunderstanding but said there was nothing she could do. ARG!
So, I turn to Xavier and say "How about Chuck E. Cheese, Buddy?" He gets this sad, wounded look on his face and says, "I don't want to go to CEC, I want to jump!" My heart was breaking and I had to try really hard not to cry. I looked at the lady and she just shrugged. ARG!
After it all, Xavier decided to take his friends to CEC and had a good time. It wasn't his dream party, but we made the best of it. Thanks to all his friends and their parents for being flexible!





No comments: