Friday, November 07, 2008

A Trip to the Firehouse

Xavier's preschool class took a trip to the Marysville Fire Station on Monday. The original plan was to drive(two blocks!) to the fire station so the kids wouldn't tire out. It was too gorgeous of a day(70 degree weather in November?), so Xavier, Isaac and I broke the rules and walked to the firehouse. Isaac was a total grump during the presentation and really needed a nap. I tried desperately to rock him to sleep so he would stop distracting the other kiddos. Finally, I had success! Then, I had the joy of lugging almost 20 pounds of dead weight up and down the stairs while trying to get photos of my neglected middle child. What you see is my attempt at success.


This was the highlight of the trip. All the kids ooh-ed and aah-ed at the fireman's slide down the pole.

No comments: