Monday, November 17, 2008

I Was Wrong

I owe my husband an apology. He LOVES bluegrass music. We had the Southern Ohio Indoor Bluegrass Festival on our calendar for months. He even took a half a day off work to drive to Wilmington to catch most of Friday's acts. I made fun of him. I asked if I should wear overalls, flannel, and black out some of my teeth for the event. Bluegrass is not my style. The discorded harmonies, twangy instruments and thick southern accents drive me crazy. I went to support him as he supports me in my hobbies. In spite of my complaining, the kids and I had a great time! The groups were amazingly talented. Most of the bands' members play multiple instruments and can break into four or more part harmony at any moment. They were quite impressive! I'm not really interested in buying a large quantity of CD's or programming Bluegrass Junction into my favorites on the XM radio, but I definitely have a new appreciation for the talent that goes into Bluegrass music. I'm sorry, Andy!


Isaac was adorable! He bopped up and down to the beat and waved his hands when the bands were playing.

The other two kiddos were crazy! They danced to every song in crazy flailing movements. The did a great job of entertaining the Centerville High School Band that was sitting behind us. I'm not sure the rest of the audience(average age: 65+) was nearly as amused.



Dailey and Vincent was one of the groups that performed, although the video is not from the festival we attended. They were, by far, my favorite.

No comments: