Sunday, November 02, 2008

All Guts, No Glory





We always wait until the last minute to carve our pumpkins. So, at 4:30 on Halloween night, we dug into the slimy stuff. Brooklyn wanted to design her own face this year, which prompted Xavier to request the same. He wanted an angry face, and Brooklyn wanted one with fangs. Once I looked at Brooklyn's creation, I had to try really hard not to laugh. Her pumpkin's mouth was so tiny and intricate, I don't think I could have carved it with a sewing needle. She was so upset because she couldn't erase it. We finally fixed it, but the final product had some pen marks remaining and they don't really look like fangs. Neither kiddo was a big fan of the "guts." Xavier kept saying eww, and Brooklyn would only use a spaghetti spoon to scrape her pumpkin. She did get the bright idea to try to chase me with the guts. Thankfully, as of now, I am still faster than she is! We had a great time, but I wish Andy was home to deal with the gooey insides. Andy's mom made some tasty pumpkin seeds. I burnt them last year!

No comments: