Sunday, May 10, 2009

What a Wild Weekend!




After being completely and totally exhausted from the competition, I crashed on the couch before 9:00pm on Saturday. I had yet to plan for the events to come on Sunday. Why do I do this to myself?
I got up around 7:00, much to the disappointment of my children(they wanted to bring me breakfast in bed) and got to work. Andy and I managed to get the children and ourselves ready, plan a meal, go shopping, clean up the house, actually enjoy breakfast together, and get to church by 10:20 all with little or no stress. Amazing!

We had Isaac dedicated at church this morning, only seven short months after the first attempt. We were scheduled to dedicate him in October, only to have him get the pukes. When we tried to reschedule, we were told the next one landed on Mothers' Day. Yikes!
This morning went off without a hitch. Isaac slept through everything! We promised to raise Isaac in the church and teach him the Gospel in hopes that one day he will accept this as truth for himself. The pastor prayed Psalm 25: 4-5 over him.

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long."

After church, my parents, Andy's parents, and Andy's brother headed to our house for lunch and plenty of photo ops. Although a bit chilly, it was a gorgeous day!





No comments: