Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me!

Inspired by My Charming Kids blog, I decided to write my own "Not Me!" entry.

I so did not come home from an errand to find my toddler fast asleep in his carseat. I would never open his side of the van and just leave him there, in the driveway, alone. I didn't go in the house, put away the groceries, return a phone call, clean up the breakfast dishes, check my email, facebook, blogs, etc. I most definitely didn't put my four year old in charge of making sure he was safe while I completed numerous tasks inside the house. I didn't return to find the preschooler had unbuckled the toddler's seat belt, "just in case he woke up," because that is definitely keeping him safe. Because it is neglectful and unsafe, I will never do this again. Not me!

1 comment:

MiniCircus said...

And I am totally NOT reading your blog while my one month old infant is asleep in my car, with the door open. You do what works!!