Sunday, May 10, 2009

Enough, already!

I'm sure all my loyal followers are bored to tears with Brooklyn's dance adventures, but I will never tire of watching her on stage. I'm sorry to say that we still have a recital and a competition in Myrtle Beach ahead of us!

A couple of weeks ago her dance studio held their annual picture week. Finally, I have photos that don't include the giant fuchsia water lilly(although, I absolutely love it!) on her head. Her musical theater class is dancing to "It's a Hard Knock Life" from Annie. It's the cutest thing ever! Her competition group is doing a tap dance in the recital to Sweetie Pie Kids(I'd never heard of it either, but I adore the costume!)






Lastly, Brooklyn's team had their final local dance competition on Saturday. We had to be up before 5:00am to be fully dressed and at the Columbus Convention Center by 6:15am. They were on stage by 7:30. Ugh! Her team received a High Gold ranking, a special judges award for "cute concept" and one of four costume awards for the day. Brooklyn was devastated that they didn't place in the top five. She was sure that it was all her fault and she needed to practice more. I tried to explain that this was a much tougher competition with many, many more dance teams, but she is a perfectionist in the making. What am I going to do with that girl?

No comments: