Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sigh...

Sorry about the photo. It's the only one I've taken since Isaac turned six months. We were waiting for the kids during swimming lessons in the smoking hot therapy pool. I'm sweating just thinking about it!

Isaac had his six month appointment this morning. After waiting an hour to see the doctor, we now have a new issue. He's not gaining weight.
Weight: 16 pounds 14 ounces-25%
Height: 27 and 1/4 inches-75%
He only gained a few ounces in two months. He went from the 100th percentile at 2 months to the 25th percentile at 6 months in weight. He's eating well and often and holding everything down. I can't imagine why he's not gaining! We're doing allergy testing in a week to try to pinpoint the eczema problem. That means no medication for the next week. That should be fun. He itches so badly he writhes against anything he can. We have to put socks on his hands so he doesn't dig holes in himself. His muscle tone is the same(the doctor called it "mildly low") even though he's sitting, rolling, and pushing up on his arms. We're being refered to a physical therapist so he can be evaluated. Hopefully they will offer some suggestions. I feel like he can't do anthing but focus on how much he itches. I'm feeling pretty discouraged and worried(two things I do very well.)

1 comment:

MiniCircus said...

checking on you while on vacation. Get your pictures printed cause I'm ready to scrapbook when I get back. Come by with the kids next week and we can catch up...