Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Saga Continues


The paper on the examining table was the most fun!

My itchy sweetie

Andy and I had a great time trying to entertain Isaac during the test. He wanted to scratch so badly!

Welts galore.


Isaac had his allergy testing today. He is officially allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts and possibly soy and wheat. The doctor guaranteed us he will never grow out of the peanut allergy. We'll see about the rest. The goal now is to clear up his skin and stop the itching. He'll be taking an antihistamine daily and I'll use steroid creams and Eucerin/Aquaphor on his skin. I'll also be giving up nursing so we can better control what goes into his mouth. I'm having a much more difficult time with this reality than I thought I would. We are trying soy formula first so that we don't have to go straight to the nasty hypoallergenic stuff. Since he is possibly allergic to soy, we have to give him it gradually to see if he'll have a reaction. We start with 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 2 ounces, 4 ounces, etc., with a 20-30 minute wait in between doses. So far, we're up to 1 tbsp with no reaction. I'll keep everyone posted on his progress.

1 comment:

The Caldwell Family said...

I heard that Virginia saw you at the mall not too long ago. She said your children were beautiful! I wanted to let you know that Chris and I are praying for you during this time. I know it is stressful. We will keep him in our prayers.