Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hitting the Slopes






My mom offered to watch Issac so we could take the older two kids skiing for the first time. We jumped at the opportunity! We enrolled them in the two hour kids' skiing lessons at Mad River Mountain. It was worth every penny! They taught them how to carry their equipment, put their skis on, how to stop, turn, etc. All of this occurred while Andy and I had some alone time to explore the slopes. It was wonderful! When we picked them up from ski school, they were all smiles! They loved going down the bunny hill and begged for us to take them on a real lift. I was the first to give up! After years of not skiing and birthing three children, I think my feet expanded. My boots were too small and my feet were killing me! Andy took each one down the easiest green we could find while I sat with the other in the lodge. The lift and green trail were a little much for them, but they loved every moment! By the time we got home, they were exhausted. Xavier was asleep on the couch within ten minutes and Brooklyn cuddled up with Grandma. What a great day! Now that we live a mere 15 minutes from Mad River, we have grand plans to visit more frequently. I can't wait!

No comments: